NOVA COMIC & GAMING CONVENTION
Northern Virginia's Comic & Gaming Con!
NOVA CON in NOVEMBER!
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING THE NOVA CON!
Please find The NOVA CON policies below.
HARASSMENT EXPLULSION POLICY
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of NOVA CON staff immediately.
NOVA CON is dedicated to a harassment-free con experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality or national origin, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment. In most circumstances, those involved in such behavior will be expelled from the CON.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination (related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion); overt adult images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of panels or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Those asked to stop any harassing behavior or exit the CON for such behavior are expected to comply immediately.
It is our mission that everyone who visits The NOVA CON has a safe and enjoyable time. Please find our Weapons Policy detailed below.
• All weapons must be inspected by a member of our security staff and tagged prior to entry.
• Actual firearms of any sort are not allowed.
• Simulated weapons for cosplay purposes will be allowed, but must be non-firing.
• If you are found with an untagged weapon inside the show, you will be escorted to security to have your weapon inspected and tagged.
• If you have a weapon that does not pass inspection, you will not be able to enter the show. If you are not sure about a weapon, or have a weapon that does not meet these policies, please leave it at home in order to assure entrance.
Thank you in advance for complying with this policy, and we look forward to seeing you at The NOVA CON!
PHOTOGRAPH AND MEDIA CONSENT POLICY
• All attendees, exhibitors, volunteers, guests, and staff of the convention hereby expressly consent to being photographed and video recorded at the convention and acknowledge and consent to their personal images being used for commercial and promotional purposes by the promoters. Attending the convention is a waiver of any objections to being photographed and video recorded at the convention for commercial and promotional purposes by the promoters.
• ASK FIRST. Some of the people attending our event may not want their picture taken, so be sure to ask first. Many of our Vendors do not like to have people take pictures of their set ups, so be sure to ask first. And some of our guests charge for pics, so be sure to ask first! Remember, trying to take a pic of one of our guests from a distance may seem harmless to you, but they may not want you to do it. If you are caught taking a pic of someone without their permission, you will be warned once. Do it again, and you will be removed from the show, without any refund of your admission.
• These same rules above apply to video cameras. You are allowed to videotape ONLY if the video you shoot is not intended for sale or distribution. When in doubt, put the camera away.
SOLICTIING / FLYER POLICY
The RITZ-CARLTON is private property, soliciting at our event without our permission is illegal. When we spot you, you will be ejected from the show. If we catch you back again, you risk arrest.
We ask that you use common sense when carrying bags/backpacks around, as some are large, bulky and unwieldy and can block aisles or knock into things when you turn around. Also, bags may be subject to search, so be sure you don’t have anything in there that you shouldn’t!
COSTUME / COSPLAY POLICY
Your costume and its accessories MUST comply with the Virginia law. We insist that your costume not have any parts or accessories that can readily cause harm to you, or any of your fellow con goers. No real weaponry (live firearms, sharp blades, etc.) may be carried. No parts of your costume can fire, spray, shoot, or ignite. Your costume must be appropriate for all ages. Basically, use common sense. If you have any worry that a part of your costume might cause a problem or get you thrown out of the convention, arrested, or injured, please leave it home.
Extra $5 fee for tickets purchased at the door.
Onlin Purchases: Ticket or CR code are required for entry. Tickets will not be issued on site.
Your admission is good for the whole day, or the whole weekend (depending on what kind of admission you bought. Keep in mind though that if the show is full, the Fire Marshal sometimes institutes a "One in one out" policy. So until some people leave the con, no new people will be allowed in. The way to beat that is with a VIP Admission! VIP admission holders don’t have to wait in that line. Order your VIP ticke here: VIP TICKET
Children 8 and under get in FREE when accompanied by a paid adult.
CASH / CREDIT POLICY
All autograph and selfies in the main ballroom are CASH ONLY. Photo Ops in the Registration (Old Dominion Room) are both CASH & CREDIT. Vendors accept payment at their individual discretion.
All ticket sales are final, with no refunds or cancellations.
The only animals allowed at the con are licensed Service Animals.